Call for Reviewers: Final Push
Thank you for your interest! eCampusOntario is supporting another 10 reviews by educators in Ontario.
For reviews of these texts, we prompt you to assess using the same categories as previous open textbook reviews. However, of particular interest for your Final Thoughts category would be the specific areas of improvement for the text. For example, “A quiz bank to accompany key concepts in the text would make adoption more appealing”; “Canadian case studies for chapters 9, 12, and 15 are required to align the textbook to course objectives”; “The book is missing important chapters on A and Z, but if those could be added, the textbook would meet expectations for a first year course in A-Z”.
For this round, there are some changes:
- Reviews must be completed by March 15th.
- Only a subset of the open textbook library is open for review. Please consult the list below to see if a title on our targeted list aligns to your discipline.
If you teach in fields aligned to one of the following texts, please submit your willingness to review using the form, located at the bottom of the page.
Active Calculus: 2017 Edition ~ in review
Health faculty: Please provide your expert opinion on how these British Columbia-created books map to the health field in Ontario. Could they be easily customized to reflect our province’s health care system?
Calling Counsellors, Student Success Staff, Learning Strategists! Your voice is of particular interest. eCampusOntario is keen to know not only how useful this guide is, but also how easily it might be adapted by different institutions. For example, are references to and resources for the original institution in one area of the chapter and quickly updated | customized?
Books under the Trades filter (your choice from those not already reviewed)
Skilled trade faculty: Do these open texts designed to meet the competencies in Trades for British Columbia suit the needs of learners in the Trades in Ontario?
Qualifications to become a reviewer include:
• Teaching in the subject area for the selected textbook;
• Teaching at a post-secondary institution in Ontario;
• Willingness to adopt the selected open textbook, should it be of quality, will be taken into account. If you adopt the textbook you review, please fill out our Report an Adoption form.
Please note that in order to encourage a diversity of voices in reviews, eCampusOntario has a limit of one paid review per educator.