Browse the Collection
Please search the collection as a library catalogue or database. For example, to retrieve all results related to sociology, you may want to use sociolog* as this will include books with any ending to the root ~ sociology, sociological, sociologist, and sociologists ~ in the title or description.
In the Workplace: An Intermediate Integrated Skills Textbook
Description: This is an English language skills textbook to help ELL students acquire communication skills in the workplace (listening, speaking, reading, and writing). The book is aimed at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) levels 5/6, focusing on intercultural skills and essential skills: reading text, document use, writing, oral communication, thinking skills, working with others, and computer use. The digital PDF file can be printed or used from a computer. All of the multimedia files can be accessed from the PDF if there is internet access. For offline use, the video and audio files can be downloaded below.
Author: Bow Valley College
Original source: centre.bowvalleycollege.ca
Adoption (faculty): Contact us if you are using this textbook in your course
Adaptations: Support for adapting an open textbook
- WEBSITE FIND: In the Community: An Intermediate Integrated Skills Textbook
- WEBSITE Read this book online
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Practice exercises (UVic)
- WEBSITE Instructor Resource: Course Package
- DOWNLOAD Digital PDF (.pdf) (22 MB)
- WEBSITE Instructor Resource: Guide (5 MB)
- PRINT Buy a print copy
- WEBSITE Instructor Resource: Worksheets (2 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Video files (142 MB)
- WEBSITE Student Resource: Audio files (159 MB)
- DOWNLOAD EDITABLE: Word files (.docx) (67 MB)
In the Workplace: An Intermediate Integrated Skills Textbook by Bow Valley College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
There are currently no reviews for this book.
Be the first to Review this book