Remediate for Accessibility
eCampusOntario is continuing our partnership with BCcampus to ensure our shared library of open textbooks meets the needs of more learners and educators. We are pleased to offer experts $1,000 to review an open textbook to meet accessibility standards. If you have experience ensuring HTML meets WCAG 2.0 AA, we would love to hear from you!
Steps to remediate for accessibility:
- Commit to completing the review by March 17th, 2018.
- Choose an open textbook from the list below and start planning how to spend your $1 000.
- Fill out eCampusOntario’s form below to confirm your review.
- Run the HTML version through your favourite accessibility checker e.g. WAVE, AChecker to identify the issues with accessibility.
- eCampusOntario will set you up in Pressbooks as the administrator of the book for your remediation. If you have not used Pressbooks before, either you can work in HTML or in the WYSIWYG editor to remediate; it is our easy-to-use platform for creating, sharing, and adapting open textbooks.
- Submit evidence that your chosen textbook is now WCAG 2.0 AA compliant and open for more learners and educators.
- Wait patiently for your money to arrive knowing you have helped make eCampusOntario’s Open Library accessible for more learners and educators!
Open textbooks: Eligible for accessibility reviews
BC Reads Series (six, short course packs and six, short readers)
Introductory Chemistry – 1st Canadian Edition ~ in remediation
Introduction to Criminal Investigation ~ in remediation
Project Management ~ in remediation
Supporting Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities and Mental Illness ~ in remediation
Still interested? Use this form to confirm your remediation: