Review an Open Textbook
eCampusOntario seeks qualified subject matter experts from Ontario post-secondary institutions to review open textbooks in our collection. Should the textbook meet the educator’s needs, eCampusOntario also asks her | him to consider adopting the textbook as a course resource.
Eligible and qualified educators who complete, submit, and permit the open publication of the review on an open textbook in eCampusOntario’s Open Textbook collection earn an honorarium of $250.
eCampusOntario and BCcampus will publish the reviews on their open textbook websites. They will be publicly available under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Derivative (CC-BY-ND) 3.0 license. More information about the review process can be found in the FAQs.
Review and Selection Process
- Educators who would like to review the open textbook should be teaching in the subject area.
- Reviewer must be affiliated with a post-secondary institution in Ontario and be involved with course design, development, or delivery in the subject area.
- Willingness to adopt the selected open text, should it meet the educator’s need, will be taken into account.
- Educators must also agree to publish their reviews under an open license CC-BY-ND 3.0.
- Browse the list of open textbooks to find one aligned to your subject matter expertise.
- Consider the recommended criteria for the review.
- Submit an application to review your selected text.
- eCampusOntario internally reviews submissions to ensure its collection is broadly reviewed.