Have you created or adapted an open educational resource (OER)? Do you believe that educators and learners can benefit from this OER? Then consider submitting it to the Open Library collection.
The Open Library welcomes original or adapted open textbooks and other open resources suitable for use in Ontario postsecondary settings. Successful submissions will join a robust collection of over 700 free and openly licensed educational resources, including open textbooks, modules, interactive activities, and other learning materials.
To maintain the quality and relevance of the open collection, we review all submissions and recommendations.
Before you submit, please read the criteria for inclusion in the collection. Review the Open Library Submission Guide for detailed instruction on preparing your content for submission.
- Resource is released with an open license (e.g., a Creative Commons license) or in the public domain.
- All content (text, images, media, etc.) is free from copyright restrictions or used with copyright permissions/exceptions for inclusion in an openly licensed work.
- Resource includes at least one editable file (e.g, Pressbooks XML, .docx, H5P file, raw video file, etc.).
- Meets current accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
- The resource includes an accessibility statement. Please refer to the Open Library Submission Guide for examples.
- Resource is available in at least two different file types (e.g., HTML and PDF).
- Content includes the Canadian context and examples.
- Resource includes interactive learning objects or videos.
- Editable files are available for all objects e.g., raw video files, H5P files, HTML source files.
- The resource includes supplementary or ancillary resources such as test banks, videos, instructor guides, or presentation slides.
- If applicable, the resource is in a format that can be used to set up a Print-on-Demand option.
- The resource has a cover image.
We also welcome OER recommendations!
Ready to Submit?
Please complete all required fields and provide as much information as possible. An asterisk (*) means that the field must be completed. By completing the optional fields, you make it easier to describe your resource, and for others to find your resource. If a field does not apply to your resource, leave it blank on the form.
Need help completing the form? Review the Open Library Submission Guide first!